Why Detox Is Good For You?
Do I really need a detox? Answer the questions
1. If you wake up in the morning feeling sluggish and wanting to have that little more sleep
2. A feeling to being bloated throughout the day especially when you eat a meal.
3. Experience acidity and belching all the time
4. Complaints of constipation or unsatisfactory bowel movement
5. Skin looks dull and patchy
6. Lots of hair fall which appears so difficult to control
7. Feeling dull throughout the day
8. Drained energy at the end of the day
9. Experience cravings for sugar foods or caffeine-rich drinks like tea coffee and colas.
If the answer to even 2-3 questions is YES then you need to definitely detox the body.
WHY THIS DETOXIFICATION IS NEEDED
There are several reasons why the toxins start accumulating in the body. Toxins are the oxidants which start accumulating in the body. These toxins are capable of disrupting the hormonal balances in our body and can also lead to accumulation of cholesterol in the body. The liver is the organ in the body which helps the body to detox the toxins. However, the continuous accumulation of the toxins leads to decrease the performance of the liver. Along with liver the intestines and the kidney also help in the detox process. So all these organs have to be clean to help remove the toxins accumulated.
WHAT CAUSES THE TOXIN ACCUMULATION?
The prime reason for the toxin accumulation is the wrong choices of food that we make. There is the very little inclusion of fruits and vegetables in the diet and shifted more towards eating fast foods and junk foods. Also, the majority of the population indulge in a lot of eating out or hoteling which also introduces the body to the toxins. In everyday meals too we are not including protein rich foods in the diet but constantly focusing on carbs rich foods.
Along with this, there is constant exposure to pollution or chemical toxicants like pesticide residues, use of sprays and cosmetics which also increase the toxins levels in the body.
All this put together increases the toxins in the body and so the body has to periodically detoxified
Before you might imagine that detoxification is a very gruesome process there are various ways to do the detoxification1. Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables in the diet- American council of medical research has insisted that we should have at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in the day. These can be in the form of the whole fruit or salads or sabzis and gravies.
2. Follow one day fasting in a week or twice a month- Choose a day of your convenience and consume unlimited amounts of fruits and vegetables in the day preferably in the raw form or in the form of raw juices
3. Follow a three to seven-day detox (should be done only under expert advice) - In this, the quantities of fruits and vegetables are increased and also certain foods ingredients which increase the toxins. But this has to be done only with expert supervision.
Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of ‘live’ components which help in the detox. Some of these components are the color of the vegetables and fruits like the red, yellow, purple.
There your plate should always be colorful it will make food palatable and healthy too!
A QUICK AND HEALTHY DETOX DRINK RECIPE
Beetroot ½ pcs
Carrots 1 no
Spinach 4-5 leaves
Pudina 1 handful
Blend in a mixer, add water if needed. Add black salt and lemon juice for flavoring.